Sunday 14 July 2013

IFTTT

I've just started using the IFTTT app that's appeared for iOS.
I'm amazed I never knew of this before. It's got such amazing potential being able to easily create actions and interactions between different apps.

Just scanning through the app gives a list of popular recipes (scripts) used by others. 




Anything from sending mails, posting tweets, copying images, making backups And alerting you of zombie outbreaks.

There's tons of functionality for stitching together functionality between apps.

The interface to do so is dead simple with just a few taps recipes can be cooked up.

Coupling done of these with a networked arduino should produce a very powerful system. 

It does a great job of making those "if only" tech moments possible. 
Now I get emails if there weather is bad, can share photos without even thinking about it. 
It's another step on getting all those fragmented apps talking to each other.

I'll keep playing with it and see what I can cook up.

No comments:

Post a Comment