Monday 15 July 2013

Arduino project vivarium lighting

I've been looking at what to do for my first arduino project. Ideally I want to create a system that's assistive and requires little setup. Ideally one which also draws no mains power would be better still.

I've settled on trying to light my bearded dragons vivarium using arduino controlled lights. I've currently got a habi stat sun switch controller to control the lights to power on and off when the sun is out. However my new viv isn't near a window and I can't run the sensor box far enough. In winter times I found the light would not power on or wouldn't be on long enough so I'll drop this system.

Looking around the Rduino can be coupled to a relay shield which allows it activate higher voltage equipment safely. The LEDs should run of the arduino main board.

I just hope I can find a relay shield which can switch a high powered basking lamp.

 

A simple (very poor sunday night) sketch of the system is below. I'm sure it will change

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment